June 17, 2023
The Spiritual Path Exploration
with Mark Argent
11 am ET
or check your timezone
Spiritual, but not necessarily comfortable with religion?
Want to explore your spirituality, but not sure how?
Want to get a deeper understanding of your values, beliefs and purpose?
Then consider participating in the Spiritual Path Exploration
So many of us don’t fit into existing religious boxes and are hungry for connection and a way to deeper our experience.
The purpose of this exploration is to provide a safe space for exploring what spirituality means to you – free from the influence of others.
Some of the questions we may explore:
- How were you influenced by the religion of your parents or country?
- What are your personal values and beliefs and how do they frame your spirituality?
- How might you might better connect with something larger than yourself?
- How do you relate to the Divine, or Source (or whatever word you choose)?
- What principles and practices might you use to gain a deeper experience of peace and well-being?
Together, we’ll explore the paradox of living in an increasingly secular society in which more people are interested in spirituality than ever before.
We’ll work playfully in large and small groups to explore what spirituality means for each of us, both as individuals and as a group as a whole.
About the Facilitator
Mark Argent has worked as a spiritual director in a variety of contexts. including the St. Beuno’s Centre of Ignatian Spirituality and as co-facilitator of the annual Exploring Spiritual Direction events at the URC’s Windermere Centre in the United Kingdom. He's an Elder in the United Reformed Church, a member of Spiritual Directors International, and was deeply influenced by his travels in southeast Asia and his encounters with spiritualities there. His interests include the creative arts; psychoanalytically-informed approaches to society, organizations and politics; and group relations facilitation.